MAPS Canada, a non-profit charitable organization creating a future of safe access to the beneficial uses of psychedelic medicines, is seeking a full-time Executive Director. Applications closed on March 15th, 11:59pm.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of MAPS Canada. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization, and maintaining a close, productive, and cooperative relationship with MAPS USA. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
1) Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for leading MAPS Canada in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support MAPS Canada’s mission.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of MAPS Canada, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of MAPS Canada’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that MAPS Canada can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of MAPS Canada’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are effective.
- Responsible for the hiring, retention and dismissal of qualified staff and volunteers.
- Responsible effective administration of MAPS Canada operations.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
- Supervise and collaborate with staff and volunteers.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Supervision of the MAPS Canada bookkeeper.
- Responsible for Revenue Canada audits.
- Serve as MAPS Canada’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance MAPS Canada’s Mission.
- Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues.
- Build relationships with funders, potential funders, and community leaders.
- Expand MAPS Canada across Canada by supporting the creation of local nodes/groups/chapters that are able to fundraise for MAPS Canada.
- Build a community of physicians and researchers who can support MAPS Canada.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Work with MAPS USA to ensure consistent communication regarding events, presentations, fundraising, social media, and other material deemed relevant.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Masters in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience.
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
- High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration for the role will be contacted. If you have any questions about the application process, you can reach out to email@example.com.
MAPS Canada is an equal opportunity organization. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.