The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) Canada envisions a world where psychedelics and marijuana are safely and legally available for beneficial uses, and where research is governed by rigorous scientific evaluation of their risks and benefits.
MAPS Canada envisions global education based on science and cultural reintegration for the beneficial uses of psychedelics and marijuana.
MAPS Canada furthers its mission by:
- Providing evidence-based, honest public education about the risks and benefits of psychedelics.
- Supporting scientific research into many aspects of psychedelics including treatments for medical conditions, neuroscience, creativity and spirituality.
- Planning, conducting, and publishing scientific research of psychedelic medicines.
- Developing psychedelics into prescription medicines.
- Training psychedelic psychotherapists and working to establish a network of treatment centers that can provide this service in the context of professional best practices.